Please apply online or email your resume to Beth Henry, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org (note: in subject line: Territory Manager Trainee)
Landmark Plastic, a leading manufacturer of plastic products used in the horticulture industry is looking for an energetic Sales Trainee . This role will participate in a Training program with a final objective of a future RSM position. We will provide an extensive training program with initiatives for success. This role will provides opportunity to learn/train in various aspects of the position including: selling, customer service and our product line. We are looking for a recent college graduate that wishes to eventually work with our sales team developing customer relationships, growing sales with a local defined territory and assist with local deliveries as needed.
Major Work Duties
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders.
- Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates.
- Consult with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
- Provide customers with product samples and catalogs.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales.
- Obtain credit information about prospective customers.
- Study product information to acquire professional knowledge.
- Negotiate details of contracts and payments.
- Forward orders to production.
- Demonstrate products to consumers.
- Recommend products or services to customers.
- Answer customer questions about goods or services.
- Estimate costs or terms of sales.
- Advise customers on the use of products or services.
- Distribute promotional literature or samples/product to customers.
- Prepare sales or other contracts.
- Identify potential customers.
- Develop proposals for current or prospective customers.
- Strong computer proficiency including all Microsoft Office Products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to travel when requested, i.e. tradeshows, customer sites (local delivery)
- Ability to learn our MRP system, QAD
- Understanding of and demonstrated ability to apply value pricing principles to optimize profitability
- Ability to implement procedures to improve the sales and service activities of the company.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, professional telephone etiquette as well as assertive and goal-oriented
- Inside sales or sales representative experience is a plus
- Ability to think and react quickly under pressure situations
- Excellent time management and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- College degree in a related field preferred
- Strong team player with excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Aggressive, goal oriented self-driver with strong work ethic
- Great attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to work independently and produce results.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit or stand for long periods of time and walk distances, as well as stoop, bend, kneel and crouch.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following have been identified as physical requirements of the job:
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, reach or feel and manipulate objects or controls.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Weekend, overtime and evening hours may be required depending on business conditions.
Landmark Plastic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national original, religion, age, equal pay, disability or genetic information.
Commitment to a safe work culture and attendance is critical to the success of the position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.