This individual will be responsible for the setup, running and maintenance of the print machines in our pot printing area. Landmark Plastic is a Drug Free Workplace. Full selection of benefits available: medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life, 401K with match, paid vacation, paid personal time, legal, identity theft, accident, hospital indemnity, incentive plans.
Major Work Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
1. Responsible for the setup, running, maintenance and troubleshooting of all printing machines in the pot printing area
2. Collect and inspect random samples during print runs to identify any necessary adjustments and verify quality
3. Examine job orders to determine quantities to be printed, stock specifications, colors, or special printing instructions
4. Verify that ink and product meet the specifications for a given job
5. Start presses and pull proofs to check for ink coverage and density, alignment and registration
6. Performs routine preventative maintenance
7. Feed product through feed screws and adjust feed and tension controls
8. Secure printing plates to printing units and adjust tolerances
9. Clean ink fountains, plates or printing unit cylinders when press runs are complete
10. Program equipment to perform production tasks
11. Monitor automated press operation systems and respond to fault, error or alert messages
12. Monitor equipment operation to ensure proper functioning
13. Clean or oil presses or make minor repairs, using hand tools
14. Enter commands, instructions, or specifications into equipment
15. Maintain time/production records
16. Monitor inventory levels on a regular basis, ordering or requesting additional supplies, as necessary
17. Control workflow scheduling or job tracking, using computer database software.
1. Ability to successfully pass a mechanical reasoning test
2. Experience with print shop production and or similar offset printing presses
3. Strong attention to detail
4. Excellent attendance record
5. Ability to grasp and learn new concepts quickly
6. Excellent communication skills
7. Ability to train on 1st shift
8. Great attitude and a willingness to learn
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Proper PPE is required.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following have been identified as physical requirements of the job:
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-75 pounds.
• The employee is frequently required to sit or stand for long periods of time and walk distances, as well as stoop, bend, kneel and crouch.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, reach or feel and manipulate objects or controls.
• Be available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
• Must be able to work in fumes and odors. (non-hazardous)
• Must be able to work in loud areas and wear hearing protection.
• Must be able to work with oils, grease and dust, with limited personal protection (aprons, gloves, etc.)
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Weekend, overtime and evening hours may be required depending on business conditions.
Landmark Plastic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national original, religion, age, equal pay, disability or genetic information.
Commitment to a safe work culture and attendance is critical to the success of the position. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Qualified Candidates who are interested should 1) apply online (www.landmarkplastic.com) or 2) at our office: Landmark Plastic, 1331 Kelly Avenue, Akron, OH 44306 8-5 Mon-Fri. Visit our website to learn more about us www.landmarkplastic.com