Maintenance is responsible for providing the day-to-day preventative maintenance, repair and fabrication necessary to maintain facility manufacturing machinery including conveyors, grinders, fans, tools, heavy equipment, etc. The position also performs other maintenance duties as required to promote overall plant productivity and safety effectiveness. This position additionally requires electrical expertise in manufacturing machinery and building maintenance. This requires both routine and extensive range of work in the repair and general maintenance of facilities, building and equipment. Need to be available to train on 1st shift, (7am-3pm). This is a full time, hourly position. Landmark Plastic is a Drug Free Workplace. Full selection of benefits available: medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life, 401K with match, paid vacation, paid personal time, legal, identity theft, accident, hospital indemnity, incentive plans.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Responsible for the maintenance and repair of processing/manufacturing equipment: extruders, thermoforming and trimming machines, injection molding machines, compressors, conveyors, grinders, fans, pump, electric motors, electric tools, and air tools.
2. Responsible for troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance of electrical components both of machinery and facility.
3. Rigging, lifting and relocating a variety of complex, heavy machines, equipment and components.
4. Performing unexpected repairs within the facility as well as on equipment.
5. Perform and/or assist in the troubleshooting, adjustments, repairs, and/or fabrication of all mechanical, electrical (to include PLC’s), hydraulic, and pneumatic components of all plant processing equipment. complete documentation with little or no supervision.
6. Ensuring a safe and productive work environment.
7. Following all safety policies and procedures.
8. Ensuring proper and safe operational conditions of all production and related equipment.
9. Assist in updating, developing and improving equipment PM program.
10. Assist in maintaining appropriate stock of spare parts ensuring that parts catalog is up to date, parts room is organized and kept clean.
11. Ensuring the PM cart is stocked and organized.
12. Troubleshooting and correcting equipment and mechanical malfunctions.
13. Compliance with all applicable OSHA, federal, state, company, environmental, and safety policies and procedures.
14. Must record all repairs and maintenance on manual and computer (excel) spreadsheets as well as data entry in QAD software system.
1. Technical degree from an accredited college or high school.
2. A valid driver’s license.
3. Ability to use all necessary tools for repair and maintenance in a manufacturing facility.
4. 1-2 yrs experience with electrical troubleshooting and repair.
5. Computer entry and excel spreadsheets skills required.
6. Must have experience with general machine maintenance/repair.
7. Must have electrical experience. Certification preferred.
8. Must demonstrate mechanical reasoning skills and ability.
9. Must have working knowledge of the following: drill presses, power saws, power hand tools, overhead cranes.
10. Welding (MIG) and burning (acetylene cutting) experience preferred.
11. Ability to read and understand electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical drawings and schematics.
12. Must have working knowledge of electrical power and control circuits.
How to Apply:
Qualified Candidates who are interested should 1) apply online (www.landmarkplastic.com) or 2) at our office: Landmark Plastic, 1331 Kelly Avenue, Akron, OH 44306 8-5 Mon-Fri. Visit our website to learn more about us www.landmarkplastic.com