Landmark Plastic, a leading manufacturer of plastic products used in the horticulture industry is looking for a recent college graduate to join our Sales team in a growth potential sales role. The goal of this position is to prepare you for a successful career managing your own territory as a Sales Professional. Our sales team has been an essential part of Landmark Plastic Corporation’s success over the last 34 years. Landmark Plastic is a Drug Free Workplace. Full selection of benefits available: medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life, 401K with match, paid vacation, paid personal time, legal, identity theft, accident, hospital indemnity, incentive plans.
Major Work Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
1. Ability to build strong customer relationships
2. Ability to juggle multiple priorities
3. Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
4. Exceptional Customer Service focus
5. Solid experience in Microsoft programs; Word, Excel, PowerPoint
6. Clean driving record and willingness to travel within and around assigned territory
7. Ability to successfully complete training program
8. Demonstrated success to meet and exceed designated monthly and annual sales and profit objectives
9. Demonstrated ability to grow and develop both current and new customers
10. Ability to relocate
As an Entry Level Outside Sales Trainee, you will enroll in our training program that will involve learning Customer Service, Company Systems and Processes, Product Knowledge, and job shadowing with seasoned sales representatives as they conduct sales meetings with clients and sell our horticultural products. The travel will vary based upon your training territory. This field-based training will assist in your education of our industry and creating customer solutions as well as allow you to learn the sales skills taught on the job. Upon completion of the training program, you will relocate to your assigned territory and becomes a Sales Professional. In this role you will be responsible for achieving designated monthly and annual sales and profit goals by selling Landmark Plastic Corporation group of greenhouse products and services to both new and existing customers. As a Sales Professional you will have a home office and will be provided a car allowance, laptop, and mobile phone.
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Microsoft basic program experience; Word, Excel, PowerPoint
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills
4. Must be a self-starter with good time management skills
5. Willing to relocate after successful completion of the training program
6. Valid driver’s license
While performing the duties of this job, you will be spending time during the training phase both in the corporate office, manufacturing plant and at current and potential customer sites. This individual will be subject to the environmental conditions of sites for customers or users of our products including nursery’s or retail stores.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following have been identified as physical requirements of the job:
• The employee must be able to perform the duties as noted above.
• The employee is frequently required to sit or stand for long periods of time and walk distances, as well as stoop, bend, kneel and crouch.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, reach or feel and manipulate objects or controls.
• Must be able to wear PPE while on the shop floor.
• Must be able to easily move around both in a work, customer setting as well as travel by any method required (plane, train or automobile).
• Exposure to many types of environments (i.e. Nurseries, retail stores, mfg. facilities, offices, etc.)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This is not a 9:00 – 5:00 job, but a career that will require long hours depending on business conditions. Travel is often during the trainee period and will increase to approximately 75% upon completion of the trainee period.
Landmark Plastic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national original, religion, age, equal pay, disability or genetic information.
Commitment to a safe work culture and attendance is critical to the success of the position. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Qualified Candidates who are interested should 1) apply online (www.landmarkplastic.com) or 2) at our office: Landmark Plastic, 1331 Kelly Avenue, Akron, OH 44306 8-5 Mon-Fri. Visit our website to learn more about us www.landmarkplastic.com