Landmark Plastic, a leading manufacturer of plastic products used in the horticulture industry is looking for an Inside Sales Trainee. This position will provide inside sales support to our customers in an effort to build strong relationships, loyalty and retention through exceptional sales service and the presentation, awareness and understanding of our products.
1. Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders
2. Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests
3. Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms
4. Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates
5. Consult with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support
6. Provide customers with product samples and catalogs
7. Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences
8. Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales
9. Obtain credit information about prospective customers
10. Train customers' employees to operate and maintain new equipment
11. Study product information to acquire professional knowledge
12. Negotiate details of contracts and payments
13. Forward orders to production
14. Demonstrate products to consumers
15. Recommend products or services to customers
16. Answer customer questions about goods or services
17. Estimate costs or terms of sales
18. Advise customers on the use of products or services
19. Distribute promotional literature or samples to customers
20. Prepare sales or other contracts
21. Identify potential customers
22. Develop proposals for current or prospective customers
1. Strong computer proficiency including all Microsoft Office Products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
2. Ability to travel when requested, i.e. tradeshows
3. Ability to learn our MRP system, QAD
4. Understanding of and demonstrated ability to apply value pricing principles to optimize profitability
5. Ability to implement procedures to improve the sales and service activities of the company.
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, professional telephone etiquette as well as assertive and goal-oriented
7. Inside sales or sales representative experience is a plus
8. Ability to think and react quickly under pressure situations
9. Excellent time management and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
10. Associate Degree or 3 years related sales experience with high school diploma or GED.
11. Strong team player with excellent problem solving and decision making skills
12. Aggressive, goal oriented self-driver with strong work ethic
13. Great attitude and a willingness to learn
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit or stand for long periods of time and walk distances, as well as stoop, bend, kneel and crouch.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following have been identified as physical requirements of the job:
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
• The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, reach or feel and manipulate objects or controls
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Weekend, overtime and evening hours may be required depending on business conditions.
Landmark Plastic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national original, religion, age, equal pay, disability or genetic information.
Commitment to a safe work culture and attendance is critical to the success of the position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply:
Qualified Candidates who are interested should 1) apply online (www.landmarkplastic.com) or 2) at our office: Landmark Plastic, 1331 Kelly Avenue, Akron, OH 44306 8-5 Mon-Fri. Visit our website to learn more about us www.landmarkplastic.com