This position is responsible for growth and expansion of top line sales, building both current and new customer base, opening new channels for distribution, development of new products (or re-purposing for consumer) as well as management of rep groups.
1. Action Oriented -Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
2. Career Ambition - Knows what he/she wants from a career and actively works on it; is career knowledgeable; makes things happen for self; markets self for opportunities; does not wait for others to open doors.
3. Creativity - Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
4. Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
5. Innovation Management - Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
6. Negotiating - Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
7. Perseverance - Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
8. Presentation Skills - Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group processes during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
9. Drive For Results - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
10. Strategic Agility - Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
Specific Responsibilities May Include:
1. Growth and expansion of top line sales
2. Building upon current and new customer base
3. Expansion of business by opening new channels for distribution
4. Development of new product (or re-purpose for consumer)
5. Management of rep groups
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to environmental conditions found both in an office setting and traveling including motor vehicles and airplanes. Limited exposure to plant manufacturing environments is expected.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee will be required to frequently stand, sit, walk during the execution of their job duties. Ability to easily communicate through sight, hearing, written and verbal communications is required. They also be required to lift, push and pull up to 50#. Most duties will be performed either in an office setting or while traveling by automobile or airplane.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position and weekend, overtime and evening hours may be required depending on current projects and business conditions.
This position will require both in office and travel of 50% or more including overnight stays within the US and Canada.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred
2. Sales Background including new product development (from cradle to grave management)
3. Connection to Big Box Companies
4. Marketing experience including licensing agreements
5. Ability to expand in niche markets
6. Experience with selling to price points
7. Selling to retail including Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, True Value, etc.
8. Traveling experience more than 50% including overnight stays in US and Canada
9. Valid US passport
10. Previous experience/exposure to horticultural industry preferred
11. Proficient in PC/Microsoft Office
Landmark Plastic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national original, religion, age, equal pay, disability or genetic information.
Commitment to a safe work culture and attendance is critical to the success of the position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply:
Qualified Candidates who are interested should 1) apply online (www.landmarkplastic.com) or 2) at our office: Landmark Plastic, 1331 Kelly Avenue, Akron, OH 44306 8-5 Mon-Fri. Visit our website to learn more about us www.landmarkplastic.com