Landmark Plastic, a leading manufacturer of plastic products used in the horticulture industry, is looking for a Customer Service/Marketing Support Specialist. This position is the primary customer contact for all questions, concerns and issues. By working with all the functional areas of the corporation, they ensure the customers’ requirements are met or exceeded while meeting the corporate goals and objectives. They provide timely and accurate information concerning orders and product. They are responsible for ensuring customer orders are processed timely and accurately. They monitor customer order patterns and service levels and take action as necessary to implement improvement as needed. This individual will partner with sales and other functional areas to grow relationships with the accounts. This position will assist in various Marketing and Product Management initiatives as time permits. This is a Drug Free Workplace. Full selection of benefits available: medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life, 401K with match, paid vacation, paid personal time, legal, identity theft, accident, hospital indemnity, incentive plans.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
1. Process orders received fax, mail, internet, EDI or other methods according to established department policies and procedures.
2. Assist customers via answering primarily inbound calls, up selling products and process complaints and Customer Returns.
3. Manage short pay process; resolve issues in efficient and timely manner.
4. Respond to customers (internal and external) in timely and accurate manner.
5. Increase your familiarity with the attributes of competitive products, the strategies used to market them, and the reason why customers buy them.
6. Investigate and develop new products and programs in current and evolving markets which help to support corporate sales and profitability.
7. Spend time in the field working with our salespeople to gain market information and discover sales opportunities.
8. Attendance at our regional, national and international trade shows in an effort to conduct research regarding customer needs as well as competitive strategies.
9. Contact customers who have inquiries or concerns related to their account, purchase experience, or purchased product use.
10. Assist in presenting product training to new salespeople during initial training sessions.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Appropriate & professional use of email and internet
2. Strong understanding of QAD system as it pertains to Customer Service/Sales order Management.
3. Demonstrates appropriate interpersonal skills as well as customer service skills in fast-paced environment.
4. Time management and organizational skills.
5. College degree or relevant work experience required.
6. Attendance is critical to the success of this position.
7. 2 years Customer Service/Marketing experience in a Manufacturing environment required. Analysis, research and management of a tangible product in commercial/industrial markets are preferred. Alternatively, at least 2 years in sales analysis with a medium sized supplier or manufacturer of a tangible product, with a focus on developing detailed sales reports and analysis of sales data could be considered.
8. Problem solver, analytical, team player.
9. Proficiency in computer skills for word processing and spreadsheets (i.e., Excel) is required. Ability to produce graphs and charts. PowerPoint skills are also a plus.
10. Strong analytical skills with a high level of enjoyment, comfort, and understanding in working with numbers.
11. Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Detail oriented.
12. Understanding of the "selling" process would be a plus.
13. This position requires up to an average of 2 to 4 nights per month of overnight travel.
14. A four-year degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit or stand for long periods of time and walk distances, as well as stoop, bend, kneel and crouch.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following have been identified as physical requirements of the job:
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, reach or feel and manipulate objects or controls.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Weekend, overtime and evening hours may be required depending on business conditions.
Landmark Plastic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national original, religion, age, equal pay, disability or genetic information.
Commitment to a safe work culture and attendance is critical to the success of the position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply:
Qualified Candidates who are interested should 1) apply online (www.landmarkplastic.com) or 2) at our office: Landmark Plastic, 1331 Kelly Avenue, Akron, OH 44306 8-5 Mon-Fri. Visit our website to learn more about us www.landmarkplastic.com