Landmark Plastic, a leading manufacturer of plastic products used in the horticulture industry is looking for a Plant Manager. This position will be responsible for the management and operating results of the manufacturing facility. Coordinates the activities of all manufacturing departments and collaborates with other departments to achieve customer driven results. Reviews and coordinates programs to achieve budget objectives. Full selection of benefits available: medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life, 401K with match, paid vacation, paid personal time, legal, identity theft, accident, hospital indemnity, incentive plans.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
1. Develops and maintains production schedules to achieve customer and inventory requirements within established business parameters.
2. Provides input to the development of new products.
3. Establishes production and quality control standards, develops budget and cost controls and obtains and analyzes all relevant production data.
4. Establishes the manufacturing process plan including human resource requirements, material needs, facility needs and tooling and equipment requirements.
5. Ensures all established cost, quality and delivery commitments are met.
6. Coordinates manufacturing activities with all other functions of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and equipment.
7. Reviews production and operating reports and directs the resolution of operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum cost and prevent operational delays.
8. Determines the responsibilities of all Associate positions to accomplish business objectives.
9. Ensures all Associates are aware of and comply with company, government and customer policies, procedures and regulations.
10. Attract, retain and develop subordinates so as to foster both personal and Company growth.
11. Development an ongoing capital equipment requirement plan.
12. Any other duties as assigned.
1. Approximately 10 years of relevant production management responsibility.
2. Bachelor’s degree. Plastics industry experience strongly preferred.
3. Working knowledge of ERP systems.
4. Excellent communication and computer skills.
5. Familiarity with Talent Management concepts.
Supervises: All Department Managers & Supervisors including Thermoforming, Injection Molding, Extrusion, Scheduling, Quality, Decorative Services, Safety, Maintenance, Tooling & Logistics. Plastics experience strongly preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Proper PPE is required. Potential to be very hot in the summer months and cold during the winter.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following have been identified as physical requirements of the job:
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-75 pounds.
• The employee is frequently required to sit or stand for long periods of time and walk distances, as well as stoop, bend, kneel and crouch.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, reach or feel and manipulate objects or controls.
• Must be able to work in fumes and odors. (non-hazardous)
• Must be able to work in loud areas and wear hearing protection.
• Must be able to work with oils, grease and dust, with limited personal protection (aprons, gloves, etc.)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Weekend, overtime and evening hours may be required depending on business conditions.
Landmark Plastic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national original, religion, age, equal pay, disability or genetic information.
Commitment to a safe work culture and attendance is critical to the success of the position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply:
Qualified Candidates who are interested should 1) apply online (www.landmarkplastic.com) or 2) at our office: Landmark Plastic, 1331 Kelly Avenue, Akron, OH 44306 8-5 Mon-Fri. Visit our website to learn more about us www.landmarkplastic.com