The position’s primary responsibility is to provide shift leadership, management and engagement of associates in one or more functional departments. This position is also responsible for key metrics including quality, safety, productivity and efficiency through analyzing, developing and implementing programs and procedure guidelines to achieve these results. Landmark Plastic is a Drug Free Workplace. Full selection of benefits available: medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life, 401K with match, paid vacation, paid personal time, legal, identity theft, accident, hospital indemnity, incentive plans.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
1. Develop, train and enforce safe work practices.
2. Responsible for communication, paperwork and management for any injuries/accidents by associates or temps on shift.
3. Must become first aid/AED/CPR certified within 6 mos. of hire and must continue this certification status.
1. Using QAD to monitor production reporting for accuracy, trends and areas for improvement.
2. Train Utility/Grinders on QAD entry including back flushes
1. Responsible for payroll approval including time off requests
2. Manages Attendance exceptions and monitors attendance issues
1. Schedules associates to meet and exceed highest efficiency and productivity metrics
1. Responsible to meet daily/weekly/monthly shift production goals.
2. Analyzes, reacts to production indicators to ensure production goals and standards are achieved.
1. Responsible for quality metrics
2. Monitors quality issues and develops processes/guidelines to resolve continuing issues.
1. Monitors and manages training initiatives ensuring they are completed in a timely manner.
2. Provides hands on training (by example) as needed.
3. Attends training sessions as required by HR or Department Manager.
4. Conducts employee training/cross training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures or assigns employee training to experienced workers.
1. Handles behavior modification and coaching/mentoring opportunities as needed on the shop floor.
2. Works with HR on development of discipline write ups up to and including investigation and fact finding.
3. Attends disciplinary meetings for written discipline with HR on final warnings or terminations.
1. Provides daily/weekly/monthly summary report based on key metrics (Quality, Safety, Productivity, Efficiency, Process Improvement) and shift related issues with machinery, associates or processes.
1. Responsible for one or more shifts
2. Manages team for machine operation and set up.
3. Mechanical training of technical associates (i.e. Machine technicians and set up technicians) will be handled by Leads (i.e. Lead Technicians) in their functional area (i.e. Machine/setup)
4. Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
5. Recommend personnel actions, such as hiring’s, evaluations, or promotions.
1. Under the approval of the Department Manager, is responsible for acquisition, engagement and management of temps.
2. Responsible for communication to appropriate individuals (i.e. Dept Manager, HR, temp agencies)
3. Responsible for both initiation and termination of assignments.
4. Responsible for notification of safety issues to both HR and temp agency.
5. Responsible for weekly Payroll approval and daily management of hours worked for temps.
1. Responsible for analysis of current processes and procedures identifying areas of needed or available improvement.
2. Responsible for development and implementation of process improvement initiatives designed to improve key metrics.
1. Responsible for frequent and ongoing communication with all shift associates.
2. Responsible for communication of any issues beyond scope of responsibility to Department Manager and HR.
3. Responsible for clear communication on a regular basis with Leads.
4. Responsible for developing and implementing new avenues to improve communication and engagement.
5. Provides clear expectations/support/consequences to all shift associates
6. Coordinates with leads and other departments on joint ventures (i.e. tooling issues, machine issues, HR related issues, material issues, etc.)
7. Provide requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services to production manager.
1. 4 year-degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
2. 2+ years’ experience in a leadership position with proven ability to deliver desired results
3. Math and computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and data entry. QAD and Paycom experience is helpful.
4. Experience in a supervisory role with management of people to include: coaching, mentoring, performance and discipline (required)
5. Certified Plastics Technician (SPI/SPE) is a plus.
6. Attendance is critical to the success of the position and must be able to work up to 7 days a week or variable schedules both in peak and nonpeak season.
7. In depth experience in thin-wall, high speed thermoforming plastic processes with a min of (3-5 years) is preferred.
8. Ability to manage shift to company and department objectives in all areas of production including: Quality, Safety, Productivity, Efficiency and Process Improvement.
9. Must be able to effectively communicate needs, and concerns to shift personnel, Department Manager, HR and coworkers.
10. Works closely with setup to ensure efficiency and effective transition for efficiency and continuous improvement objectives.
11. Ability to report to Department Manager that all shift/department and company objectives are completed on time safely and an efficient manner.
12. Demonstrated time management skills.
13. Manage, direct and perform housekeeping as required
Manages shift to company and department objectives in all areas of production including: Quality, Safety, Productivity and Efficiency. Reports to Department Manager that all shift/department and company objectives are completed on time in a safe and efficient manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee maybe exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Proper PPE is required.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following have been identified as physical requirements of the job:
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
• The employee is frequently required to sit or stand for long periods of time and walk distances, as well as stoop, bend, kneel and crouch.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, reach or feel and manipulate objects or controls. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• Be available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
• Must be able to work in fumes and odors (non-hazardous). Must be able to work with oils, grease and dust, with limited personal protection (aprons, gloves, etc.)
• Must be able to work in loud areas and wear hearing and eye protection.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Weekend, overtime and evening hours may be required depending on business conditions.
Landmark Plastic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national original, religion, age, equal pay, disability or genetic information.
Commitment to a safe work culture and attendance is critical to the success of the position. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Qualified Candidates who are interested should 1) apply online (www.landmarkplastic.com) or 2) at our office: Landmark Plastic, 1331 Kelly Avenue, Akron, OH 44306 8-5 Mon-Fri. Visit our website to learn more about us www.landmarkplastic.com