1. Enforce safety and best practices for manufacturing.
2. Responsible for accurate production reporting and timekeeping (QAD/Paycom).
3. Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or manufacturing of product.
4. Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
5. Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
6. Ensure quality product through: Inspecting materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
7. Observe work and production indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
8. Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures or assign employee training to experienced workers.
9. Monitor attendance and provide correction up to and including discipline as needed.
10. Read and analyze charts/metrics, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
11. Provide requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services to production manager.
12. Manage team to set up and adjust machines and equipment.
13. Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
14. Recommend personnel actions, such as hiring’s, evaluations, or promotions.
1. 4 year-degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
2. 2+ years’ experience in a leadership position with proven ability to deliver desired results
3. Must have experience with machine operation, troubleshooting of equipment and machinery.
4. Basic math and computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and data entry. QAD experience is helpful.
5. Experience in a supervisory role with management of people to include: coaching, mentoring, performance and discipline (preferred)
6. Certified Plastics Technician (SPI/SPE) is a plus.
7. Attendance is critical to the success of the position and must be able to work up to 7 days a week or variable schedules both in peak and nonpeak season.
8. Accountable to both ensure safe practices from all shift personnel as well as demonstrated “model” safe practices.
9. In depth experience in thin-wall, high speed thermoforming plastic processes with a min of (3-5 years) is preferred.
10. Manage shift to company and department objectives in all areas of production including: Quality, Safety, Productivity and Efficiency.
11. Must be able to communicate needs, and concerns to shift personnel, Department Manager, and coworkers.
12. Works closely with setup to ensure efficiency and effective transition for efficiency and continuous improvement objectives.
13. Report to Department Manager that all shift/department and company objectives are completed on time safely and an efficient manner.
14. Assist with: Label verification, finished goods outcome, QAD back flushes and entries, product and pack out.
15. Must have outstanding time management skills.
16. Must complete LPC forklift training and LPC lockout/tag out training.
17. Manage, direct and perform housekeeping as required
Manages shift to company and department objectives in all areas of production including: Quality, Safety, Productivity and Efficiency. Reports to Department Manager that all shift/department and company objectives are completed on time in a safe and efficient manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee maybe exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Proper PPE is required.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following have been identified as physical requirements of the job:
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
• The employee is frequently required to sit or stand for long periods of time and walk distances, as well as stoop, bend, kneel and crouch.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, reach or feel and manipulate objects or controls. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• Be available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
• Must be able to work in fumes and odors (non-hazardous). Must be able to work with oils, grease and dust, with limited personal protection (aprons, gloves, etc.)
• Must be able to work in loud areas and wear hearing and eye protection.
How to Apply:
Qualified Candidates who are interested should 1) apply online (www.landmarkplastic.com) or 2) at our office: Landmark Plastic, 1331 Kelly Avenue, Akron, OH 44306 8-5 Mon-Fri. Visit our website to learn more about us www.landmarkplastic.com