The Utility position in Extrusion is responsible for providing support and performing duties in the Extrusion Department. This is a full time, hourly position. This is a Drug Free Workplace. Full selection of benefits available: medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life, 401K with match, paid vacation, paid personal time, legal, identity theft, accident, hospital indemnity, incentive plans.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Takes racked rolls to Thermoforming and place in designated rows. Organizes rows as necessary and breaks down and organizes rack storage area.
2. Keeps floor hoppers stocked with regrind. Stacks, glands and disposes of employ Gaylord’s and lids. Organizes raw material storage area.
3. Understands and identifies correct extruder operation and production techniques. Notifies crew leader of concerns.
4. Flips rolls and properly disposes of skids, boards, and banding. Organizes roll storage areas.
5. Assist in shift change responsibilities.
6. Stops extruder line in the event of an emergency.
7. Operate ribbon blender per formulations.
8. Grind roll stock and trim scrap.
9. Unloads material trucks.
10. Fills in for operations as required.
1. Welex 2 stage vented extruders.
2. Manually operated winding station.
3. Roll flipper.
4. Tow motor (requires Landmark training and license)
5. Small capacity trim scrap grinder.
1. High School Diploma or GED preferred
2. 6 mos. factory experience preferred
3. Skills – basic math skills
4. Certifications – tow motor
5. Software or computer skills – data entry (alphanumeric as well as application – labeling program)
How to Apply:
Qualified Candidates who are interested should 1) apply online (www.landmarkplastic.com) or 2) at our office: Landmark Plastic, 1331 Kelly Avenue, Akron, OH 44306 8-5 Mon-Fri. Visit our website to learn more about us www.landmarkplastic.com