Landmark Plastic, a leading manufacturer of plastic products used in the horticulture industry is looking for a Seasonal General Laborer. This position will assist in the overall groundskeeping of the Landmark property throughout the summer months including but not limited to, mowing, edging, pruning trimming and other landscaping/projects as assigned. Landmark Plastic is a Drug Free Workplace.
Major Work Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
1. Operate a 72” lawn mower over 8 acres of grass.
2. Line trim property, edge beds, prune trees.
3. Trim shrubs with hedge clippers.
4. Pick up on property especially around main entrance and associate entrance in addition by dock doors.
5. Assist in spreading mulch in beds.
6. Spray herbicide where needed.
7. Blow grass clippings and leaves off of parking lot and walkways.
8. Cleaning inside facility.
9. Painting inside and outside the building.
10. Other projects as needed.
1. Must be able to work without direct supervision
2. Must wear long pants when operating line trimmer and other handheld landscaping equipment
3. Must follow all rules and safety practices when operating the riding lawn mower and other landscaping equipment
4. Excellent time management skills and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
5. Strong team player with excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
6. Aggressive, goal oriented self-driver with strong work ethic
7. Great attitude and a willingness to learn.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to sunny, hot and humid temperatures.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following have been identified as physical requirements of the job:
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-75 pounds.
• The employee is frequently required to sit or stand for long periods of time and walk distances, as well as stoop, bend, kneel and crouch.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, reach or feel and manipulate objects or controls.
• Must be able to sit on a riding lawn mower for many hours per day.
• Must be able to work in loud areas and wear hearing protection, safety glasses and work boots.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time seasonal position. Work hours may vary and depend on weather.
Landmark Plastic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national original, religion, age, equal pay, disability or genetic information.
Commitment to a safe work culture and attendance is critical to the success of the position. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Qualified Candidates who are interested should 1) apply online (www.landmarkplastic.com) or 2) at our office: Landmark Plastic, 1331 Kelly Avenue, Akron, OH 44306 8-5 Mon-Fri. Visit our website to learn more about us www.landmarkplastic.com