ATTENTION: We are actively recruiting! Our applicant lobby is open Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm. You can apply online or in person by visiting our building located at 1331 Kelly Ave, Akron Ohio 44306.
Position Title: Accounting Manager Department: Finance
Reports to: CFO Location: Akron, OHLandmark Plastic, a leading manufacturer of plastic products used in the horticulture industry is looking for an Accounting Manager to lead our accounting team.
The position will work with all departments of the Company by providing financial guidance to our managers on a regular basis.
This position is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to thrive and grow personally and professionally.
· Ownership of the entire accounting function, including the closing process and preparation of financial statements.
· Distribution of accurate and timely financial statements to various levels within the Company, including providing assessment and guidance to the various department managers.
· Responsible for the activities of the accounting team.
· Working directly with customers and AR Coordinator to ensure accurate invoicing and timing of payments.
· Continuously monitor internal controls and provide improvements when deficiencies are noted.
· Manage and lead all audit and tax return activities with our CPA’s.
· Assist in the development and monitoring of the annual budget and weekly forecast.
· Support with product costing and inventory control.
· Other duties as assigned.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and 3-5 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field. CPA and experience in manufacturing environment is preferred, but not required.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Power BI.
- Exposure to larger ERP systems such as QAD, JDE, SAP, etc. is preferred, but not required.
- To be excellent in the ordinary tasks with a desire to be a problem solver.