Maintenance is responsible for providing the day-to-day preventative maintenance, repair and fabrication necessary to maintain facility manufacturing machinery including conveyors, grinders, fans, tools, heavy equipment, etc. The position also performs other maintenance duties as required to promote overall plant productivity and safety effectiveness. This requires both routine and extensive range of work in the repair and general maintenance of facilities, building and equipment. Landmark Plastic is a Drug Free Workplace. Full selection of benefits available: medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life, 401K with match, paid vacation, paid personal time, legal, identity theft, accident, hospital indemnity, incentive plans.
Major Work Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Responsible for the maintenance and repair of processing/manufacturing equipment: extruders, thermoforming and trimming machines, injection molding machines, compressors, conveyors, grinders, fans, pump, electric motors, electric tools, and air tools.
2. Responsible for troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance and efficient running of components for both machinery and facility.
3. Rigging, lifting and relocating a variety of complex, heavy machines, equipment and components.
4. Performing unexpected repairs within the facility as well as on equipment.
5. Perform and/or assist in the troubleshooting, adjustments, repairs, and/or fabrication of all mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of all plant processing equipment. complete documentation with little or no supervision.
6. Ensuring a safe and productive work environment.
7. Following all safety policies and procedures.
8. Ensuring proper and safe operational conditions of all production and related equipment.
9. Assist in updating, developing and improving equipment PM program.
10. Assist in maintaining appropriate stock of spare parts ensuring that parts catalogue is up to date, parts room is organized and kept clean.
11. Ensuring the PM cart is stocked and organized.
12. Troubleshooting and correcting equipment and mechanical malfunctions.
13. Compliance with all applicable OSHA, federal, state, company, environmental, and safety policies and procedures.
14. Must record all repairs and maintenance on manual and computer (excel) spreadsheets as well as data entry in QAD software system.
1. Technical degree from an accredited college or high school or equivalent experience.
2. A valid driver’s license.
3. Ability to use all necessary tools for repair and maintenance in a manufacturing facility.
4. 1-2 yrs experience with machinery and building troubleshooting and repair.
5. Computer entry and excel spreadsheets skills required.
6. Must have experience with general machine maintenance/repair.
7. Must demonstrate mechanical reasoning skills and ability.
8. Must have working knowledge of the following: drill presses, power saws, power hand tools, overhead cranes.
9. Welding (MIG) and burning (acetylene cutting) experience preferred.
10. Ability to read and understand electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical drawings and schematics.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud and proper PPE is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is often required to sit; or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The employee must frequently stand, climb, lift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and responsible for designated shift. Weekend, overtime and evening hours will be required depending on business conditions.
Landmark Plastic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national original, religion, age, equal pay, disability or genetic information.
Commitment to a safe work culture and attendance is critical to the success of the position. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Qualified Candidates who are interested should 1) apply online (www.landmarkplastic.com) or 2) at our office: Landmark Plastic, 1331 Kelly Avenue, Akron, OH 44306 8-5 Mon-Fri. Visit our website to learn more about us www.landmarkplastic.com