Landmark Plastic, a leading manufacturer of plastic products used in the horticulture industry is looking for a Set-Up Technician. This position will provide support in setting up, operating, or tending to machines to cut, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten plastic material. Landmark Plastic is a Drug Free Workplace. Full selection of benefits available: medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life, 401K with match, paid vacation, paid personal time, legal, identity theft, accident, hospital indemnity, incentive plans.
Major Work Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
1. Examine completed workpieces for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
2. Measure completed workpieces to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers.
3. Set stops on machine beds, change dies, and adjust components, such as rams or power presses, when making multiple or successive passes.
4. Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
5. Set up, operate, or tend machines to cut, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten plastic material.
6. Test and adjust machine speeds or actions, according to product specifications, using gauges and hand tools.
7. Install, align, and lock specified punches, dies, cutting blades, or other fixtures in rams or beds of machines, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims, and hand tools.
8. Read work orders or production schedules to determine specifications, such as materials to be used, locations of cutting lines, or dimensions and tolerances.
9. Position guides, stops, holding blocks, or other fixtures to secure and direct workpieces, using hand tools and measuring devices.
10. Position, align, and secure workpieces against fixtures or stops on machine beds or on dies.
11. Load workpieces or plastic material into machines.
12. Adjust ram strokes of presses to specified lengths, using hand tools.
13. Clean/lubricate machines and keep work area clean.
14. Operate forklifts to deliver material.
15. Lubricate workpieces with oil.
16. Turn controls to set cutting speeds or feed rates for specified operations.
17. Place workpieces on tables manually or using hoists, cranes, or sledges.
18. Grind out burrs or sharp edges, using portable grinders, speed lathes, or polishing jacks.
19. Remove housings, feed tubes, tool holders, or other accessories to replace worn or broken parts, such as springs or bushings.
20. Replace defective blades or wheels, using hand tools.
21. Set blade tensions, heights, and angles to perform prescribed cuts, using wrenches.
1. Ability to learn our MRP system, QAD and backflushing.
2. Knowledge of basic math skills along with some more complex formulas including measurements.
3. Must demonstrate mechanical reasoning skills and ability.
4. Must have excellent deductive reasoning and troubleshooting skills.
5. Must correctly practice all safety procedures.
6. Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
7. Skill in the use of hand tools, drills, grinders, saws, and other related equipment preferred.
8. Excellent time management and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
9. Strong team player with excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
10. Great attitude and a willingness to learn.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Proper PPE is required. Potential to be very hot in the summer months and cold during the winter.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following have been identified as physical requirements of the job:
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-75 pounds.
• The employee is frequently required to sit or stand for long periods of time and walk distances, as well as stoop, bend, kneel and crouch.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, reach or feel and manipulate objects or controls.
• Must be able to work in fumes and odors. (non-hazardous)
• Must be able to work in loud areas and wear hearing protection.
• Must be able to work with oils, grease and dust, with limited personal protection (aprons, gloves, etc.)
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Weekend, overtime and evening hours may be required depending on business conditions.
Landmark Plastic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national original, religion, age, equal pay, disability or genetic information.
Commitment to a safe work culture and attendance is critical to the success of the position. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Qualified Candidates who are interested should 1) apply online (www.landmarkplastic.com) or 2) at our office: Landmark Plastic, 1331 Kelly Avenue, Akron, OH 44306 8-5 Mon-Fri. Visit our website to learn more about us www.landmarkplastic.com