The Set-Up Technician is responsible for providing the day-to-day set up, start-up, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting necessary to maintain a safe and efficient department, with regards to the equipment and machinery. The position also performs other maintenance duties, as required to promote overall equipment productivity and safety effectiveness. 1st shift: 7am-3pm, 5-7 days a week. This is a full time, hourly position. This is a Drug Free Workplace. Full selection of benefits available: medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life, 401K with match, paid vacation, paid personal time, legal, identity theft, accident, hospital indemnity, incentive plans.
1. Works with Thermoforming Manager, Set-Up supervisor and the Master Scheduler on scheduling of Set-Ups.
2. Performs Set-Up duties and start up processing.
3. Assists and works with the Set-Up Supervisor and Process Engineer on assuring that machines are set-up and running according to the product master.
4. Develop and maintain Standard Procedures for Mold Set-up, start up, and preventative mold maintenance.
5. Cooperates and works closely with Maintenance and Tool room personnel to communicate and schedule mold and machine requirements.
6. Provides input to continue improving process and mold.
7. Maintains a current awareness of emerging new machine, tooling, material, or process.
8. Documents process related instructions for Supervisors, Set-Up and Process personnel.
9. Will tear down and set up the former, I-I press, and Trim press, per Landmark’s protocol.,
10. Will set proper heat, vacuum, pressure settings. Will be responsible for setting Form seal and cut pressures.
11. Will need to know the different materials.
12. Must take initiative and be able to work with little supervision.
High School Diploma or Technical degree from an accredited college or high school.
2. A valid driver’s license.
3. Ability to use all necessary tools for set-up, start up, repair and maintenance of machines and die setup.
4. 6 months experience in a manufacturing facility or similar discipline.
5. Computer entry skills required to enter data into QAD.
Requires in-depth understanding of the capabilities and limitations of Thermoforming molds and Forming technologies, along with process and methods.
7. Must be able to obtain or possess own tools required for job functions within a reasonable time frame.
8. Must have experience or ability to learn and demonstrate new skills necessary for success of position.
9. Must demonstrate mechanical reasoning skills and ability necessary for the position.
10. Demonstrated ability to read prints, read and follow written instructions. Ability to listen and follow verbal instructions.
11. Must have working knowledge of mechanical equipment or machines.
12. Ability to successfully pass Landmark’s towmotor certification.
How to Apply:
Qualified Candidates who are interested should 1) apply online (www.landmarkplastic.com) or 2) at our office: Landmark Plastic, 1331 Kelly Avenue, Akron, OH 44306 8-5 Mon-Fri. Visit our website to learn more about us www.landmarkplastic.com