The Extrusion Machine Operator is responsible for the processing of plastic product into rolls. Landmark Plastic is a Drug Free Workplace. Full selection of benefits available: medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life, 401K with match, paid vacation, paid personal time, legal, identity theft, accident, hospital indemnity, incentive plans.
Major Work Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Blend colors at correct let down ratios on both lines.
2. Understand and program process control blender.
3. Understand and program ATI gauging system.
4. Diagnose minor production problems and recommend corrective action to Maintenance or Crew Leader.
5. Perform minor maintenance and troubleshoot extruder lines, auxiliary equipment, and material handling systems, Determine size of die opening, chrome roll adjustments, knives, line speed, winder speed, location and die adjustments (if necessary to provide required sheet as scheduled.)
6. Understand and operate all heats, feed systems, cooling systems and slurry systems and trim grinders.
7. Understand extrusion schedule and adjust roll production to pounds required.
8. Monitors production and adjusts extruder, haul off, winder, and die to maintain material tolerances.
9. Operation material handling systems and choose correct material sources and percentages (non-color added), and troubleshoot blockages.
10. Select correct line settings and die sizing for scheduled material production from both start-up and ‘on the fly’ changeovers.
11. Monitor extruder line operation and note irregularities that may cause poor quality material production. Correct if possible; advise Crew Leader.
12. Complete schedule for assigned line noting Gaylord usage, rolls flipped, pounds produced, and other information useful to the on-coming shift.
13. Change rolls following established procedures for weighting, labeling, racking, correct methods used to ensure a quality start-up.
14. Check gauges at roll change and record production information on schedule.
15. Change screens including marking rolls and prepping for the next change.
16. Transfer racked rolls to Thermoforming and place in designated rows.
17. Keep floor hoppers stocked with regrind. Stacks, bands and dispose of empty Gaylord’s
18. Understand and identify correct extruder operation and production techniques, and notify crew leader in case of a concern.
19. Flip rolls and properly dispose of skids, boards, and banding.
20. Perform all shift change responsibilities.
21. Stop extruder line in the event of an emergency.
22. Understand extrusion schedule and how to complete it.
High School Education or GED preferred
6 months factory experience preferred
1. Welex 2-stage vented extruders
2. Sheet style take-off and die head
3. Manually operated winding station
4. Roll flipper
5. Automated material handling system
6. Tow motor (requires Landmark Training and License)
7. Small capacity trim scrap grinder
8. Hydraulic screen changers
9. Computer aided thickness-monitoring system
11. Tape measure
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud and proper PPE is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently stand, climb, lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and responsible for multiple shifts. Weekend, overtime and evening hours may be required depending on business conditions.
Landmark Plastic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national original, religion, age, equal pay, disability or genetic information.
Commitment to a safe work culture and attendance is critical to the success of the position. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Qualified Candidates who are interested should 1) apply online (www.landmarkplastic.com) or 2) at our office: Landmark Plastic, 1331 Kelly Avenue, Akron, OH 44306 8-5 Mon-Fri. Visit our website to learn more about us www.landmarkplastic.com