ATTENTION: We are still actively hiring. Please apply online. At this time we are temporarily not accepting in person, on site applications. We have a quick hire process. Full time and part time positions are available.
Check here often for the latest job opportunities with Landmark Plastic. To apply for a position, simply download and fill out this application
then mail it, fax it or bring to our offices. You can also fill out and submit an application online
. We look forward to hearing from you.
Come join our team!
We are currently hiring for the positions of:
- Mechanics – all shifts (full time and part time) *$500 bonus eligible
- Maintenance Technician – 2nd shift & 3rd shift
- Preventative Maintenance - all shifts
- Forklift Operators – Experienced only, 2nd & 3rd shift
- CNC Machinist – 1st shift
- Packers – 1st/2nd/3rd shift *$500 bonus eligible
- Machine Operator - 2nd & 3rd shift
- RSM Sales (Trainee)
- Label Technician - 1st shift
- Set up Technician - 3rd shift
- Production Supervisor - Thermoforming Department
Machine Technician - 2nd & 3rd Shift openings! (must be mechanical)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Load an extruded roll of plastic, per specs, onto the bed of the machine.
- Feed raw material into the former, I-press, and Trim press.
- Diagnose production problems and resolve. Be able to recommend corrective action to Maintenance or Crew Leader., if needed.
- Perform minor maintenance and troubleshoot auxiliary equipment, and material handling systems.
- Monitor and control product weight, product color, and product part thickness.
- Reduce mold change and set-up time.
- Optimize machine cycle times.
- Develop and document mold set-up procedures.
- Assist with set-ups, start-ups and preventative maintenance, as needed.
- Understand and operate all heat, and cooling systems.
- Understand Thermoforming schedule and adjust roll production to pounds required.
- Monitors production.
- Operate material handling equipment.
- Assist Quality Control by making the necessary corrective action. Ensure proper notes, of any irregularities.
- Report and work closely with the shift supervisor, with regards to packer requirement and their needs.
- Will be required to scan new rolls, into QAD system.
- Check gauges at roll change.
- Take empty racks back to the Extruding dept, and for future use, and place in designated area.
- Assist with overall housekeeping, of the department, and place appropriate items back in designated area.
- Perform all shift change responsibilities.
- Stop Thermoforming line in the event of an emergency.
- Report any and all potential safety related issues.
- Ability and knowledge on how to use general hand tools.
Machines that you will run.
- Lyle’s In-Line Thermoformers.
- Lyle’s I-Press.
- Lyle’s Trim Presses.
- Tow motor (requires Landmark Training and License)
- Small capacity trim scrap grinder.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
- High School Education or GED preferred.
- Basic hand tool knowledge.
- General computer skills.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and responsible for multiple shifts. Weekend, overtime and evening hours may be required depending on business conditions.
Landmark Plastic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national original, religion, age, equal pay, disability or genetic information.
Commitment to a safe work culture and attendance is critical to the success of the position. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Qualified Candidates who are interested should 1) apply online (www.landmarkplastic.com) or 2) at our office: Landmark Plastic, 1331 Kelly Avenue, Akron, OH 44306 8-5 Mon-Fri. Visit our website to learn more about us www.landmarkplastic.com