The Label Technician is responsible for printing high quality UPC-A barcode labels. To run, organize and document all product label-making production. This is a full time, hourly position. Landmark Plastic is a Drug Free Workplace. Full selection of benefits available: medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life, 401K with match, paid vacation, paid personal time, legal, identity theft, accident, hospital indemnity, incentive plans.
Major Work Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Follow all safety rules and procedures
2. Communicate daily with Department Manager any label making issues
3. Performs minor cleaning and maintenance on the printers as needed
4. Using the daily and weekly schedule, produces enough printed label stock to insure production doesn’t run out of labels
5. Documents in an up to date fashion, precisely the quantity and bar code of all labels produced
6. As labels are being printed, confirm that the quality is acceptable
7. Inventories label making supplies and spare parts weekly and gives to Department Manager
8. Clearly communicates what has been done and what needs to be done to other shift label technicians
9. Performs all other duties as assigned by Department Manager or Shift Lead
10. Backup for packers as needed
1. High School Education or GED preferred
2. Basic math skills
3. Basic computer skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud and proper PPE is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee normally stand and walk for extended periods, but will occasionally be required to sit; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently stand, climb, lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Weekend, overtime and evening hours may be required depending on business conditions.
Landmark Plastic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national original, religion, age, equal pay, disability or genetic information.
Commitment to a safe work culture and attendance is critical to the success of the position. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Qualified Candidates who are interested should 1) apply online (www.landmarkplastic.com) or 2) at our office: Landmark Plastic, 1331 Kelly Avenue, Akron, OH 44306 8-5 Mon-Fri. Visit our website to learn more about us www.landmarkplastic.com