ATTENTION: We are still actively hiring. We have opened our applicant lobby Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm. You can apply online or come into our office and apply.
Check here often for the latest job opportunities with Landmark Plastic. To apply for a position, simply download and fill out this application then mail it, fax it or bring to our offices. You can also fill out and submit an application online. We look forward to hearing from you.
Join our team!
We have the following openings available:
- Extrusion Operator - full time benefits offered; $500 bonuses eligibility, medical/vision/dental insurance, 401k + match, PTO, paid holidays, etc.
- Packers - full time benefits offered; $500 bonuses eligibility, medical/vision/dental insurance, 401k+match, PTO, paid holidays, etc.
- Weekend Packers - $15/hr – great for anyone looking for a part-time weekend job. Work Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun – 16 hours per week
- Seasonal Packers - $13/hr – seasonal work during our summer season - 40 hours per week
- Setup - 3rd shift – pay commensurate with experience – 8 hour shifts
- Plant Engineer
- Business Development Executive
- Production Supervisor - 2nd shift
Machine Tech - 3rd Shift
Interested in joining an amazing company that's adopted a winning culture? Interested in having the opportunity to work towards a $500 bonus EACH month?? Join Landmark Plastic Corporation today!
We offer full time benefits that include the following:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical Benefits
- Third Party Benefits (Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance,, etc)
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- 401k + match
- Bereavement Pay
- $500 monthly incentive based bonus
- $500 New Employee Bonus after 120 days
- Market Wage Adjustments
- Career Path Opportunities
Essential FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Load an extruded roll of plastic, per specs, onto the bed of the machine.
- Feed raw material into the former, I-press, and Trim press.
- Diagnose production problems and resolve. Be able to recommend corrective action to Maintenance or Crew Leader., if needed.
- Perform minor maintenance and troubleshoot auxiliary equipment, and material handling systems.
- Monitor and control product weight, product color, and product part thickness.
- Reduce mold change and set-up time.
- Optimize machine cycle times.
- Develop and document mold set-up procedures.
- Assist with set-ups, start-ups and preventative maintenance, as needed.
- Understand and operate all heat, and cooling systems.
- Understand Thermoforming schedule and adjust roll production to pounds required.
- Monitors production.
- Operate material handling equipment.
- Assist Quality Control by making the necessary corrective action. Ensure proper notes, of any irregularities.
- Report and work closely with the shift supervisor, with regards to packer requirement and their needs.
- Will be required to scan new rolls, into QAD system.
- Check gauges at roll change.
- Take empty racks back to the Extruding dept, and for future use, and place in designated area.
- Assist with overall housekeeping, of the department, and place appropriate items back in designated area.
- Perform all shift change responsibilities.
- Stop Thermoforming line in the event of an emergency.
- Report any and all potential safety related issues.
- Ability and knowledge on how to use general hand tools.
Machines that you will run.
- Lyle’s In-Line Thermoformers.
- Lyle’s I-Press.
- Lyle’s Trim Presses.
- Tow motor (requires Landmark Training and License)
- Small capacity trim scrap grinder.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
- High School Education or GED preferred.
- Basic hand tool knowledge.
- General computer skills.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and responsible for multiple shifts. Weekend, overtime and evening hours may be required depending on business conditions.
Landmark Plastic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national original, religion, age, equal pay, disability or genetic information.
Commitment to a safe work culture and attendance is critical to the success of the position. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Qualified Candidates who are interested should
1) apply online (www.landmarkplastic.com) or
2) in person at our office: Landmark Plastic, 1331 Kelly Avenue, Akron, OH 44306 8:00am-4:00pm Mon-Fri. Visit our website to learn more about us: www.landmarkplastic.com